Cavy Breeders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot upload a picture (not for profile)

2 posters

Go down

Cannot upload a picture (not for profile) Empty Cannot upload a picture (not for profile)

Post by sandpiper Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:17 pm

I have resized my pictures accordingly to the max requirements and its stating the following:

Could not upload file : exceeded total storage space. (Free space : 25)

What does that mean and how do I get round it!
sandpiper
sandpiper
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Cannot upload a picture (not for profile) Empty Re: Cannot upload a picture (not for profile)

Post by Matt Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:18 pm

What filetype is it, .jpg is best.

Did you use the browse/upload facility directly or did you link to an offsite avatar??

If uploading directly you don't need to downsize the pic (unless it is VERY big!) as it will downsize it for you automatically.
Matt
Matt
Forum Management
Forum Management

http://alpinecavies.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Cannot upload a picture (not for profile) Empty Re: Cannot upload a picture (not for profile)

Post by sandpiper Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:20 pm

Yes its a Jpeg file and I am trying to upload it straight from my computer using the browse/upload facility. I did try it without resizing but it told me the file was too large, so I resized it and its now stating the above.
sandpiper
sandpiper
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:23 pm

Can you email the pic to me as an attachment matmiah @ aol.com (with no gaps!) so I can take a look?
Matt
Matt
Forum Management
Forum Management

Back to top Go down

Post by sandpiper Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:27 pm

done!
sandpiper
sandpiper
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:58 pm

Hi Karen,

Got your email. I have been able to upload the pic to your account directly without issues. Not sure what happened there! Hope that's OK Smile
Matt
Matt
Forum Management
Forum Management

Back to top Go down

Post by sandpiper Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:05 am

hmmm, maybe a problem with my comp?? but thank you all the same!!
sandpiper
sandpiper
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:09 am

I have just re-read your post and it says not for profile. Sorry did you mean you wanted to post the pic in a post rather than as your avatar?

I'm a little confused Confused if you want to post the pic in a post then use www.photobucket.com Smile
Matt
Matt
Forum Management
Forum Management

Back to top Go down

Post by sandpiper Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:13 am

thats ok!! I did want to use it in a post so will use photobucket as you mention. Hopefully that will work
sandpiper
sandpiper
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by sandpiper Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:06 am

Hi, I have just tried to use photobucket to upload my photos and its just leaving a link. Is this right?
Its just that everyone else has the pictures with their text, not just a link!!!
Not used to Photobucket so maybe I am doing something wrong.
Crazy
sandpiper
sandpiper
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:45 am

put [ img ] before the link and [ /img ] afterwards, but with no gaps..
Matt
Matt
Forum Management
Forum Management

Back to top Go down

Post by sandpiper Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:25 am

I done it!!! Thank you
sandpiper
sandpiper
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down