Cavy Breeders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sensitive Forum

+18
sarahliz
Sunnycott stud
Roline
Hendy
Bluestone
Matt
JanA
McCon747
Gwen
rw3272
carole
Caviastal Wirense
David C
RajashreeCavies
rosie
AG78
slimbridge1
Epic
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sensitive Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: Sensitive Forum

Post by Georgie Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:35 pm

Gwen wrote:I think you're absolutely right that the stars were intended to indicate the amount of experience on the forum, not an indication of experience with cavies. It has obviously been misunderstood by some and that has caused the confusion.

"Newbie" "Forum Friend" "Forum Fanatic" "Experienced Member" "Devotee"
That's the star levels.
I also think that some people who post quickly with the "Welcome" posts may just want to get away from feeling like a "Newbie" to the forum. I do feel it's a way of settling in although i agree that some use it as a way of being able to post in the advertising section.
I'm reasonably new to cavies but all of my pigs (except 2, which are pets) are from good breeders who are on this forum.
I can't help but feel that this has been taken too seriously, sorry! This is a forum where people should join to expand their knowledge, make friends and be willing to help others. Experienced breeders who follow the majority of the threads but rarely comment can't expect to be given a high rating or expect to be given access to certain sections because they haven't shared their experiences and knowledge with others and built up trust with the forum. I'm not having a go at these people but surely they can't expect something they haven't earnt?!
Chill out guys, enjoy the forum! You won't do yourselves any favours only posting when you only have something negative to say about this fab forum......! Very Happy
Georgie
Georgie
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

http://www.olivabicavies.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roline Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Thumbs up
Roline
Roline
Forum Management
Forum Management

http://ganderland-cavies.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by delukem Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:09 am

This is a superb forum, in fact in my opinion it is the best . I can understand the frustration felt by new members with regard to the amount of posts required to be able to contribute both to the sale and sensitive threads, but unfortunately some people did abuse the system and I agree with the mods in that it had to be stopped. Regardless of what path we take in life there are always rules and we have to abide by them and this forum is no different. If new members post sensibly it doesn't take long to reach the required target and then you can feel that you are quite justified in asking to join the sale and senitive sections and then usually you will be accepted by Matt.
delukem
delukem
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

http://www.delukem-swiss.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnycott stud Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:17 am

thanks Georgie and Delukem...it really helps to have members like you who do understand. Smile
Sunnycott stud
Sunnycott stud
Forum Management
Forum Management

http://Sunnycott-stud.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Pigs Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:32 am

i personaly dont care if it takes me a while to get known before i am allowed access to it! i am a patient person and will wait
i have not requested access yet as i feel i would like to get to know the forum a bit better and settle in and let people get to know me

i understood straight away that the star raiting thing was about number of posts rather than how"Experienced" someone is!

plus i will wait to ask access till i get to meet you guys in person at shows! so then you can all make your minds up on me and vice versa!
And so far i have found the forum great and has offerd superb help to me i have enjoyed it very much!
as you can see from the amount of posts i have made i am a bit of a motor mouth! but its not to boost my rank at all its just to get to know people and to make a contribution but i will admit its not nice having a newbie status as i do find somtimes its hard to be accepted with that status and i know everyone has to start somewere ok i will shut up now i am rambling!
Griffin Pigs
Griffin Pigs
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3